Trident and Rocket 3 Owners' Club (TR3OC)

Article continues below...

Enjoy more RealClassic reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.

Article continues below...

If you own an original Triumph or BSA triple then you’ll need to expertise of the TR3OC to keep it in fine fettle. If you’re thinking of buying one, then their advice is priceless…

The TR3OC was established in 1979, and caters for all BSA and Triumph triple engined road and race machines manufactured between 1968 and 1976, plus specials and race bikes that are clearly related to the original machines. So although this excludes modern Hinckley-built triples, it does cover the original T150 and Rocket 3 machines, T160 and Hurricanes, plus offshoots and specials.

The TR3OC is open to anyone with an interest in these machines (enthusiasts as well as owners), anywhere in the world. The current membership of around 1000 people is split approximately 70% in the UK with the remaining 30% including places such as Europe, Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Hong Kong, Canada, China, Africa and the Middle East. A number of regional reps have been established abroad, and organise local events throughout the year.

Article continues below...

Dave Minton (in background): 'The haircut stand? It's over there on the right'...

The TR3OC’s P1 – open day, London Motorcycle Museum

The excellent club magazine ‘Triple Echo’ is published on a bi-monthly basis, and contains regular features on technical issues, events, archive material, queries, new products, members ads and lots more.

The club is the recognised authority on everything ‘triple’, and includes honorary members such as Les Williams, John Cooper, Percy Tait, Don Emde, Norman Hyde, Arthur Jakeman, Paul Smart to name just a few. The club holds a massive archive of material and factory records, and operates a machine dating service for those who wish to gain a formal certificate for their triple.

Article continues below...

No one talks about what happened in 2010...

TR3OC Stand – NEC Show 2009

Various Tridents on Now…

The club owns the P1 Trident prototype, which was restored to its 1965 specification and is on permanent display in the London Motorcycle Museum. It can be seen at many TR3OC events, including the club’s annual Beezumph Rally, and at regular shows like Stafford.

The club takes pride in encouraging members to ride and participate in rallies, runs, local meetings, and other charitable events, with the Beezumph Rally being the highlight of the club’s annual calendar.

A disembodied head, a Rob North BSA and a wheelie bin, yesterday...

Talking of calendars, the club has produced an excellent 2012 calendar, where machines and various models display the flavour of the Triple’s best attributes, available from

Membership fees for the UK are currently £30, £32 Europe and £34 for the rest of the world. Members benefit from discounts on classic bike insurance and from leading triple specialists.
Join now...

To join, visit or contact membership secretary Sam Milner via [email protected]


Beezumph 21 in 2012

Beezumph WILL be back: despite some concerns that the TR3OC’s major track rally might not happen in 2012, the club have secured a date and are making preparations:

Further Recommended Reading

The BSA & Triumph Triples Gold Portfolio is available to RC readers at 20% discount via


Subscribe to RealClassic Magazine Enjoy more RealClassic reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.